Sunday, August 29, 2010

Burger Come Back

I haven't been posting because I have been sick. As much as I have tried to stay away from the sick people out there I still  managed to get their sickness. So while I was sick my hubby had to pretty much vend for himself for a couple of days. For lunch today he brought home Sonic (ick) but I appreciated the fact that he was trying to take care of me and feed me. lol

I was feeling well enough to cook today so I decided to make some orange muffins. I think they taste ok but Tito says they taste like flowers...lol. I shouldn't have used olive oil for the oil in the recipe cause they smell kind of like olive oil they taste fine though. I also decided to take the easy way out for bread this week and used the master boule recipe my sister gave me to make some ciabatta bread. I made two small ciabatta bread rolls to use as buns for the homemade hamburgers I was making for dinner.

I made homemade hamburgers and french fries (yummy) there is nothing like homemade fries. I also sauteed some onions and cooked up some of the deer sausage a friend gave us that Tito has been dying to try.  It  turned out pretty good. I use Montreal steak seasoning by McCormick in my hamburger patties. I added some pepper jack cheese and lettuce and tomato.Tito said "yum so much better then that burger from sonic" He even liked the homemade bun it was on. It made me feel good to come back from being sick and make him a meal that made him happy:O) (minus the orange muffins)

I love feeding people. Hope everyone had a great week!! Happy to be back on my feet

Loves Angela

1 comment:

  1. Angela, I have been out of the loop all summer I have just been through all your recent blogs. They were great by the way. I am so proud of you and your new healthy out look we are also trying to eat better. I think you are my new insperation. Sorry for the type o's. Keep in touch
    Heather

    ReplyDelete