Monday, August 23, 2010

Crazy busy

Wow! My life was so busy since last Wednesday, no wonder I was so exhausted by Sunday not to mention feeling under the weather.
 Let me update you on the last several days:

before I put it in the oven
Wednesday my girlfriends came over for dinner with their little boys and we had a great time visiting and catching up with one another!! Brooklyn even was in a pleasant mood for the first part of the morning so I was able to get my pizza's almost made up by time my girlfriends got here. I made a whole wheat plain cheese pizza for the boys. I was very pleased with myself because it was all homemade (except the cheese :o) I thought the pizza turned out beautifully...


The only bad thing was it bubbled in the middle the last few minutes of baking. I am not sure why but it still tasted fine. I forgot to take a picture of the Margarita pizza I made for us ladies but I did get a picture of a slice. It tasted just as good as the cheese only pizza. We also had mango strawberry smoothies...they were de-lish!!


I also have been keeping really busy trying to expand on my reduce skills by "reducing" the amount of money I spend on Christmas. So I have been slaving away with my crochet needles making gifts..hopefully I get everything done by Christmas!!


Just started my first baby blanket ever as well...its a little frustrating for me because I am dealing with curling and rippling but its because I don't keep the same tension...I guess..oh well maybe over time I will get better at it and I am hoping that once I am done I can block it to fix my mistakes.


Mom and dad visited for the weekend and we had an awesome time!!  Friday night we didn't feel like waiting till 9 to eat so we decided to order pizza from a local restaurant called  Winter Garden bistro. They sell Toarmina's pizza (which I have never heard of) but it tastes very good and isn't very greasy. Well we decided to save money and order the 24 inch Jumbo...lol. We  had no idea how big this pizza would be. It barely fit in the front of my dads truck! We didn't even dent it and Tito and I had pizza leftovers for three days.


We went to the Long Beach Farmers Market this weekend and I was so excited when I saw that they had local farm raised eggs!! I can't wait to dig into them. But we have to finish off the other eggs first!

Also we went shopping over the weekend for my daughters birthday gifts and she said she only wanted stuff from this store called Justice. Well I almost chocked when I saw the prices of this clothing store for little girls. I had to pretty much shop clearance only. (Thats probably the way I should always shop anyway). Well as we were checking out we found out that it used to be Limited Too. So it made a lot of sense that it was so expensive. However the cashier was really nice and gave us the coupon discount (even though we didn't have the coupon) and we got 40 percent off of our total purchase...so naturally they gained a new customer by being so kind:O) I just know that if this is all she wants for Christmas I am going to have to start buying a little at a time.

I made Carne Asada and home made tortilla's for my parents on Saturday night and they really enjoyed it. I love when my dad is pleased with my food!!

So that pretty much sums up my last several days.

So on the menu this week is:

Eggplant and Zucchini Picodillo

Stuffed Poblano peppers (I didn't get to these last week)

Hamburger Steak

Some type of Chicken and chile soup!!

Hope I can stick a little closer to my menu this week. Hope you have a great day:O)

Loves Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment