Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Lots of YUM today!!

I am always trying to be creative for lunch, especially since its usually just lunch for 1. I had one slice of my homemade honey wheat bread left and was trying to decide what to make with it. I am a little tired of cashew butter sandwiches. So I decided that I wanted to see how my homemade bread would hold up to grilling. I got a piece of black forest ham (nitrate and nitrite free!), and a half a slice of pepper jack cheese and made an open face black forest ham and cheddar jack grilled cheese sandwich!! OH MY!! it was so yummy on its own but I couldn't resist getting some Terra Sweet Potato chips to go with it., followed by a few fresh strawberries! I know its simple but it was oh so yummy!!

For dinner I decided to try and make my own whole wheat flour tortillas!! OMG that was so much harder then I expected it to be. First off rolling anything into a circle is not very easy, secondly I was a bit heavy handed on "lightly" flouring my work surface. But they were edible once you put the carne asada and cheese and grilled onion and bell pepper on them, all I was missing was sour cream (I am not quite ready to try and make that on my own yet). So as you can see in the picture my tortilla looks a little closer to Naan then a tortilla, but it tasted nothing like Naan.

I can brag on my carne asada though. I think I have pretty much perfected that recipe except one of the seasonings I use isn't real food (guess I gotta work on that, huh?) For dessert tonight we had Amish Friendship Bread, but I used whole wheat flour instead of all purpose flour, 1/2 a cup less oil then it called for and omitted the instant vanilla pudding mix. It tastes good. Not as sweet as it is when you make it following the directions. It does contain sugar but I tried making it with honey and thought it was horrible, Tito liked the honey one though, so maybe I could acquire the taste for it.
Hope you all had a yummy day of eating too;OP
Loves Angela



P.S.Day 2 into my 4 weeks and 4 days and I still haven't been to the gym!! No motivation and its been so stinking hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment